WANTED:
Hover For Names!

A Note From Your Administrators:
Nexus nearly reached its 15 year mark in RPing. Hard to believe, right? Unfortunately, it'll never reach that special benchmark--and that's okay! After fourteen years of experiencing the world of 616, RPing with players who were tremendous and creative, plus the many ups and downs that comes with fellow writers, the staff at NeXus thank you for being apart of our little community. With amazing respect to everyone involved and to those who added their own unique touches to our X-Men-verse, it's been my pleasure to RP with all of you!

To make this final: NEXUS is closed.

See ya on the flip-side, bub.
- Sax (Head Administrator)
(CLICK HERE to read our final post!)
NEW STUDENTS: Please click here!
  • The term Krakoa is not the same as karaoke! Krakoa does not like opera at 3am, people!
  • Detention has been renamed to: How to clean toilets using only your tongue by Toad.
  • Please don't sing Ice, Ice, Baby to Professor Drake. Icicles do not belong up people's noses.
  • Sign-ups for Headmaster Logan's newest club, Bamf Hunts: Because They Stole My Damn Whiskey starts soon!
  • Please welcome all new students!
  • Join Kid Omega's after school group, "WORLD DOMINATION!" and earn a FREE city block in 2025!
  Topic Locked Start New Topic

Application Template, POST ALL APPLICATIONS IN THIS FORUM!
Magneto
 Posted: May 24 2013, 11:36 PM
application
60 years old
character name
Max Eisenhardt // Erik Lensherr
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
All Hail the House of M

APPLYING TO JOIN THE STORY

Welcome to NeXus! We're glad you've taken an interest in joining, participating, and enjoying the Story we all come together to create here. Below you'll find the code for Character Applications you need to us to take that first step. But, first, please review the following to make sure you're ready for this commitment:

1. You read, understand, and agree to follow The Rules at all times.

2. You are able to post for each of your characters at least once every two weeks.

3. The application must be entirely in your own words (not copy-pasted) except for the Canon History (cite any source you use for this information). You may also post only one application at a time. Once that application as been accepted, and you've posted one time for that character, you may apply for another.

4. By creating an [WIP] -- Work In Progress -- Application thread you agree to complete the application within 7 days. Once the Staff makes any comments you have an additional 7 days to edit the application. If you take longer than 7 days to respond at any time (without prior notice and approval) the application will be considered abandoned and other players will be allowed to apply for that character.

5. That in applying you have read all instructions and information here and elsewhere in the Joining the Story forum.

APPLICATION TEMPLATE PREVIEW
A look at how the template will appear when posted. Some additional notes have been added to help with creating your application; these notes are not in the actual code so there's less you have to cleanup.

Please scroll further down for the code that you can copy and paste into your application thread, which you create in this forum. Please remove all [bracketed] comments from the Template before removing [WIP] from your application Thread Title or when posting your application and you are ready for review.

Thread Title: [Character's Codename]
Thread Description: [Character's Full Real Name (or Alias, if their Real Name is Unknown)]

Codename: [For Original Characters this should reflect something about your character]
Character Type: [Canon or OC (Original Character)]

Full Name:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Weight:

Affiliation: [Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, New Charles Xavier School for Gift Youngsters, Third Party]

Appearance: [200 word minimum]
Think about how you'd describe a complete stranger to someone. What features would you recall so your audience could point them out in a crowd if they ever saw your character? Details about their hair color or style, facial features, expression, the condition of their teeth, or the weathered look of their skin. What sort of body type or musculature to they have? Do they hold their held up high, or keep it low with a slouch? Describe any unique markings or attributes about their body (e.g. long or missing limbs).

Then think about what clothes your character would wear on the street, at the bar, to bed, or even to a formal ball. Clothes don't only describe their fashion sense, but can also be a glimpse into their personality (but describe that in detail in the next section). Think about how many shoes or suits they own. Do they strut about wearing cheap or expensive cologne or perfume? How much jewelry or makeup do they wear and how long do they take putting it on (is it crisp and clean, or sloppy and jagged)?

In whatever manner you choose to describe them, avoid relying on generic or vague tropes like "the most beautiful person in the room" -- that could describe anyone and won't reflect your character, but that reader's notion of what the most beautiful person in the room would look like.

Personality: [200 word minimum]
Now look beyond their skin (if they have skin) at who your character really is. But don't limit yourself to who they truly are, mention any attributes about who they might pretend to be as well. Describe their emotional stability or temperament and what might trigger an emotional outburst. Reflect on their facial expression, how disheveled their hair appears, any beard stubble, how it might all be a result of past events, and how it might reflect in their appearance (above) as well. Whether they're filled with hope or suffocating in depression, think about how they appear to others and why people think your character comes off that way. Think about how your character wants to come off, but may be having difficulty overcoming a tragedy or even physical obstacle.

But don't limit it only to what influences their perception in other characters' eyes. Consider your character's motivations. Why do they do the things they do? What do they believe? Do they have a moral code of any kind, and why? How strongly rooted are they in those beliefs and what are they willing to do to uphold them? Consider how your character would behave under pressure, or during a night out on the town. Can they be bought or bribed?

Don't forget to think about their favorite activity or their greatest fears too. Even the best of us can be afraid of the deadly strawberry.

Weaponry/Personal Belongings:
The assumption is you at least own one shirt and one undergarment or legging of some kind; but what else do you own? You don't have to keep it on your person. It could be a family estate on the other side of the planet. You won't be limited just to what you put here, but if it's something big -- like a family estate -- it should probably get at least a passing mention here.

Powers: [Please make this as detailed as possible and put this into your own words so the admins/mods know you know what this character can do]
What can they do? How long can they do it? How large of an area does it effect? Does it flare in and out of existence, or do effects linger? If it's a lasting effect, what could cause it to stop before your character intended? Are there any limitations or ways to counter the power? Can the power be used against your character, or do they have a natural immunity to it? Does the power rely on the emotional state of your character?

Picture several situations your character could find themselves in and imagine them using the power. Imagine what it could do and what you can't see it doing. We do want limits here, so be very thorough. Super strength could be enough to shove a planet out of orbit, or merely lift a car with one hand. Be specific.

Weaknesses: [200 word minimum. All applications are required the following weakness (depending on said character's abilities). The character is mortal, which means they can be shot, stabbed, poisoned, etc.]
No one's perfect. No one should be perfect. Perfection can be boring because it doesn't allow any opportunity for conflict between characters or failure on your character's part. Anger, strife, guilt, sorrow... these are all emotions any hero or villain faces at some point in their career. You won't always win, and your weaknesses might be the cause of those downfalls. There's no shame in that as long as your character finds a way to overcome their weaknesses, or doesn't dwell on their failures.

Consider your character's social life, emotional state, physical condition, powers, and more when thinking about weaknesses.

Other Special Skills/Abilities: [At least one]
You're more than a man or a woman with the ability to shoot fire from your fingertips. What else can you do? What else do you know? If you went to a school of any sort, or had mentors of any kind, surely you've picked up a skill or two that's useful out there somewhere. Stunt driver? Painter? Computer Genius? Acrobat? Wilderness Survival Expert? Sailor? Pilot? Golfer? Musician? There's got to be more to life than beating up your enemies. All work and no play...

History: [Copy a few paragraphs leading up to or shortly after the events of Avengers vs. X-Men #12 -- the end of the Phoenix Five and the restoration of Mutant-kind -- to indicate where the Canon History cutoff is. Cite the source you used for this information! For Original Characters Only: Create your character's backstory, at least 500 words in length.]

We recommend copying one or two paragraphs of your Character's comic history from ComicVine up to or shortly after Avengers vs. X-Men Issue 12 (comics published roughly October 2012 - February 2013). These paragraphs will let us know where you define the cutoff point of their history is from Marvel Canon.

Regardless of where you get the information, however, cite your source(s) to give credit where credit's due.

For Original Character applications only: Include details about your character's childhood (if they moved around a lot, had friends, family issues, tragedies, any academic achievements, and anything else that may have influenced their development), adolescence (when, where, and how did their powers manifest; were they into sports; did they attend college; what were their dreams or plans; and any internships or work), and adulthood (profession, pass-times, finances, group affiliations, relationships, and continuing training). Be sure to include some unusual, unfortunate, or tragic events in their lives, or some motivational or driving force, to stand out from others and garner attention by other characters. Careful with the "both parents are dead" story though as many heroes and villains usually use it.

Sample Roleplay: [Required for new players and ALL OC applications, rules of post apply (minimum of 300 words). Please make the post as the character you're applying for.]
Try to include examples of how the character would act/react, think, and speak in your sample post.

Player Details: [At least one contact plus Name]
Name:
AIM:
Email:
Private Message Preferred? [If Yes please specify if you have a preferred board account.]

APPLICATION TEMPLATE CODE

CODE
[b]Codename:[/b] [For OC's this should reflect something about your character]
[b]Character Type:[/b] [Canon or OC]

[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Affiliation:[/b] [Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, New Charles Xavier School for Gift Youngsters, Third Party]

[b]Appearance:[/b] [i][200 word minimum][/i]

[b]Personality:[/b] [i][200 word minimum][/i]

[b]Weaponry/Personal Belongings:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b] [i][Please make this as detailed as possible and put this into your own words so the admins/mods know you know what this character can do][/i]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [i][200 word minimum. All applications are required the following weakness (depending on said character's abilities). The character is mortal, which means they can be shot, stabbed, poisoned, etc.][/i]

[b]Other Special Skills/Abilities:[/b] [i][At least one][/i]

[b]History:[/b] [i][Copy a few paragraphs leading up to or shortly after the events of [/i]Avengers vs. X-Men #12[i] -- the end of the Phoenix Five and the restoration of Mutant-kind -- to indicate where the Canon History cutoff is. Cite the source you used for this information! For Original Characters Only: Create your character's backstory, at least 500 words in length.][/i]

[b]Sample Roleplay:[/b] [i][Required for new players and ALL OC applications, rules of post apply (minimum of 300 words). Please make the post as the character you're applying for.][/i]

[b][u]Player Details:[/u][/b] [i][At least one contact plus Name][/i]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]AIM:[/b]
[b]Skype:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Email:[/b]
[b]Private Message Preferred?[/b] [i][If Yes please specify if you have a preferred board account.][/i]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Topic Locked Start New Topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Nexus: Redefined Affiliate Rules RPG Directory X-men Revolution Top Site List Mortal Ends X-Men: Unhinged Evolution 

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies
Web 3.2 created by Gaffney of IPB | Converted to JFB by Rarez
Miniprofile created by Miss Texas.