WANTED:
Hover For Names!

A Note From Your Administrators:
Nexus nearly reached its 15 year mark in RPing. Hard to believe, right? Unfortunately, it'll never reach that special benchmark--and that's okay! After fourteen years of experiencing the world of 616, RPing with players who were tremendous and creative, plus the many ups and downs that comes with fellow writers, the staff at NeXus thank you for being apart of our little community. With amazing respect to everyone involved and to those who added their own unique touches to our X-Men-verse, it's been my pleasure to RP with all of you!

To make this final: NEXUS is closed.

See ya on the flip-side, bub.
- Sax (Head Administrator)
(CLICK HERE to read our final post!)
NEW STUDENTS: Please click here!
  • The term Krakoa is not the same as karaoke! Krakoa does not like opera at 3am, people!
  • Detention has been renamed to: How to clean toilets using only your tongue by Toad.
  • Please don't sing Ice, Ice, Baby to Professor Drake. Icicles do not belong up people's noses.
  • Sign-ups for Headmaster Logan's newest club, Bamf Hunts: Because They Stole My Damn Whiskey starts soon!
  • Please welcome all new students!
  • Join Kid Omega's after school group, "WORLD DOMINATION!" and earn a FREE city block in 2025!
  Add Reply Start New Topic

My Laptop Has Betrayed Me, : (
Artemis
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:20 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

Came home and it wouldn't turn on. Plugging in the adapter kills the adapter. The internet says it's the battery, the adapter, the motherboard, or something else. I am replacing the battery first. It is due for replacement anyway, and the adapter is fine as long as I don't plug it into the laptop.

I will keep you lovelies updated as things progress! Hopefully, it will be a simple fix.

This affects Bella, Leyu, Eva, Fox, Saphir, and Sabra.
Artemis
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 05:36 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

Update: Ordered a replacement AC adapter too, just in case. The one I have is old-ish anyway. Not super confident in my ability to fool with a motherboard. I think it'd be safer to turn to a professional for that, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

In the mean time, my fix will be to stay late at the office in the evenings for fun times. I can lurk in cbox on the weekend via tablet. I'd use my tablet (I say mine, but it's from the Japanese cable company actually) for posts, but it's not particularly good at that.
Silver Fox
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 05:42 AM
application
N/A years old
character name
N/A
player name
N/A
base of operations
member group
post count
Foxy Mama

Okay, so the AC adapter and battery are on the way. I preemptively talked to a repair guy, and he said that motherboard replacement is expensive....and I'd be better off buying a new laptop and then transferring the data. The laptop IS 5 years old already; that's old for electronics right? Welp, hopefully it doesn't come to that. We shall see!
Artemis
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 03:29 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

....they sent my parts from the International Center in Cali (where it usually ships to Japan from) to the International Center in Chicago. No movement since then. sleep.gif;;; Hopefully, I'll see movement and delivery next week.
Artemis
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 05:27 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

AC Adapter is here, but the battery is still on the way. -________- Still hoping everything will be all fixed after this, otherwise it means new laptop and data transfer (repairman says that'd be cheaper than replacing my old motherboard with a matching model and age...supposing it could even be found).
Artemis
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 08:10 PM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of my laptop. It served faithfully for 5 years, but could not continue on..

Anyway, the battery and AC replacement didn't work. -__- Money wasted. So now we're going to do a full replacement, but I'm aiming for something travel-friendly. I don't game on my PC, so it should be doable. I just need it to be light, have good graphics (I stream a lot), and good performance (basic non-profit, possible school work). If you haz the suggestions, let me know!
Artemis
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 06:17 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

SOOOOO....Laptop shipped! It was surprisingly difficult to get one ordered. Between not shipping to my APO and the ban on lithium ion batteries in packages, my options to get the laptop that I wanted were running low. Fortunately, Amazon Prime came through for me. My laptop should be here by August 21st.

I hope that's true because I'll be away from home from tomorrow to the 18th. It'd be nice to have that waiting on me at work on Monday. I'll have my work laptop though, so I won't be completely disconnected. Let's hope that the hotel has good internet. happy.gif

Artemis
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:53 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

LAPTOP IS HERE!! Or it came last week...anyway, one final hurdle. I had the data transferred from the dead one to the new one, but when I got home...no pictures. All of my lovely travel and event photos were AWOL. Naturally, I was extremely a tad concerned. I'm supposed to take both laptops back on Sunday to see what happened. Repairman probably thinks I'm some technophobe who can't find the picture folder, but they're really not there!

Will the photos be found?? Find out next time on Dragon Ball---oh wait.
Artemis
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 04:05 AM
application
27 years old
character name
Bella Donna
player name
Kyoko
base of operations
member group
post count
Queen of Assassins

And so the saga ends. He couldn't add everything because my old comp was a monster with 1 TB and the new travel laptop didn't have the space. So on my visit today, we put the whole old hard drive on an external source. It sounds like a hassle, but it'll be good for me and better ensure that I backup files more often.

Thanks for your patience!
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 08:31 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

Glad everything's back in order!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Start New Topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Nexus: Redefined Affiliate Rules RPG Directory X-men Revolution Top Site List Mortal Ends X-Men: Unhinged Evolution 

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies
Web 3.2 created by Gaffney of IPB | Converted to JFB by Rarez
Miniprofile created by Miss Texas.