WANTED:
Hover For Names!

A Note From Your Administrators:
Nexus nearly reached its 15 year mark in RPing. Hard to believe, right? Unfortunately, it'll never reach that special benchmark--and that's okay! After fourteen years of experiencing the world of 616, RPing with players who were tremendous and creative, plus the many ups and downs that comes with fellow writers, the staff at NeXus thank you for being apart of our little community. With amazing respect to everyone involved and to those who added their own unique touches to our X-Men-verse, it's been my pleasure to RP with all of you!

To make this final: NEXUS is closed.

See ya on the flip-side, bub.
- Sax (Head Administrator)
(CLICK HERE to read our final post!)
NEW STUDENTS: Please click here!
  • The term Krakoa is not the same as karaoke! Krakoa does not like opera at 3am, people!
  • Detention has been renamed to: How to clean toilets using only your tongue by Toad.
  • Please don't sing Ice, Ice, Baby to Professor Drake. Icicles do not belong up people's noses.
  • Sign-ups for Headmaster Logan's newest club, Bamf Hunts: Because They Stole My Damn Whiskey starts soon!
  • Please welcome all new students!
  • Join Kid Omega's after school group, "WORLD DOMINATION!" and earn a FREE city block in 2025!
  Topic Locked Start New Topic

Drag You Down, Tag: Wolverine
Storm
 Posted: Jan 4 2016, 08:45 PM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

March 3rd
The Drunken Donkey Bar and Saloon

Ororo hadn't really planned going out tonight. T'challa had sent her a message. After a month of blissful silence. Unpredictably, it drove her emotions into a tailspin despite the promise that she had made to herself to not let him have any further power over her. Already feeling vulnerable and alone, stress from different areas of her life colliding, his message the final straw. Heart hammering in her hears, she dressed quickly when she felt the pressure drop in the mansion outside. It scared her a little, whenever her emotions jumped into the driver's seat. Despite her care and her training, she couldn't always stop them.

Leather pants and boots, white shirt and dark grey jacket. Scarcely a hand thrown through her white locks and she high tailed out of the school before anything further could happen. Thunder rumbled in the distance.

Fast forward half an hour or so and she was feeling much better. She rarely drank anymore but a beer sat half full in front of her. She leaned herself back on the cracked leather, stretching out her long legs under the table. The bar was smokey and gross. A place where she felt that she could remain anonymous. A smile broke her serious expression and clear blue eyes danced at the man across from her. Friend, confidant, loyal rogue of their little group. She leaned forward and let her fingertips trail over his arm, the motion easy, natural. "Shhh. I do not know if the burly one would appreciate those comments, my friend." In response to Logan's rather uncouth comment about their unnaturally busty waitress. Her head inclined toward a patron overly attentive to said waitress. Jealous boyfriend, perhaps? She was rather popular.

She hoped that his comment was a sign that he was decompressing as well. It wasn't a question when Logan showed up, wanting to tag along. She knew that his previous few weeks had been taxing. They both needed some downtime. Their conversation hadn't dipped into anything too serious yet. Ororo was trying not to over-analyze it. Pushing down those feelings and the lightening in her veins was the main purpose tonight. Perhaps not all that healthy but necessary. Until she could deal with it better, it was safer if she avoided it. At least, she was going to keep telling herself that.

Realizing she was starting to feel somewhat sour, she pulled her hand back, tapping her short nails on the tabletop. Restless. They were in a corner, away from prying eyes but still able to people watch. The music was loud and bawdy but the drinks were prolific if you wanted them to be. She picked up her beer and took another drink, hardly tasting it. Despite the soft warning bells that she should go easy, she wanted anything but. Knowing that she would never cross that line and wanting to cross it were two different stories.

Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her...
 Posted: Jan 4 2016, 09:10 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

"Hey, all I asked her if her tits were some sort of mutation. They're friggin' huge, 'Ro. They'd give Blob's a run for his money." He took a sip of his beer, winked, put the bottle down, and ignored the other burly man in the room. Logan had other things on his mind than care if some steroid-induced creep overheard. He leaned back in the booth and propped an arm over the edge. He looked at Ororo as she looked back, dark blue eyes greeting colder ones. She was troubled, he could see it, but she was sure she could see the trouble in his eyes as well.

"Shit went down in Japan," he finally muttered, breaking the silence. "Leyu Yoshida. Remember her? There was a power struggle for the Yashida clan and the Yoshidas brought her back from the dead. New body, same powers not be messed with." He swirled his beer to match the thoughts twisting in his head. How did that situation turn to shit so fast? All that was needed was a new clan leader, then mystical abilities, resurrection, and morbid curiosity messed all that up. "Had her, 'Ro. She was back to normal after everything. Coulda helped her more, but not in the way she wanted. She didn't like my answer and left. Guess you can put that in our loss column." He cheered with a raise of his bottle and took another swig.

He put the empty bottle down and raised his hand for another. He didn't say anything until a cold brewsky was nestled in his hairy hand.

"We gotta talk about Silver Fox anyways. Don't trust her, but I prefer she stick close to us than somewhere we can't watch her. What do you think about making her the history professor?" It was something to do with her to make her useful, and it provided her a reason to stick around without making her a prisoner. Logan waited, still studying the weather goddess before he decided to speak up.

"You gonna tell me what's wrong with you, or do I have to guess? I suck at charades, darlin'. Probably easier to tell me."
Storm
 Posted: Jan 5 2016, 01:22 AM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

For his defense, she just gave a shake of her head in a typical "Mama 'Ro" fashion - though her heart clearly wasn't in it. Of course he had other cares than worrying what what some guy thought of other guys saying to his wannabe girlfriend who worked in a bar. Being able to heal most mortal wounds made a man careless with his words. Her eyes softened, though she didn't say a word. Thoughts being expressed behind those baby blues. He wasn't so bad. She wouldn't trade him for most anyone.

"Shit went down in Japan," he finally muttered, breaking the silence. "Leyu Yoshida. Remember her? There was a power struggle for the Yashida clan and the Yoshidas brought her back from the dead. New body, same powers not be messed with." He swirled his beer to match the thoughts twisting in his head. How did that situation turn to shit so fast? All that was needed was a new clan leader, then mystical abilities, resurrection, and morbid curiosity messed all that up. "Had her, 'Ro. She was back to normal after everything. Coulda helped her more, but not in the way she wanted. She didn't like my answer and left. Guess you can put that in our loss column."

She was relieved when he finally spoke of something serious. The something that had been weighing on his mind. It gave her someplace else go besides her own mind. Another sip, fingers trailed down the bottle lightly. "Troubled child." She knew how complicated resurrections could be. Her best friend had been resurrected - more than once. She never really felt like Jean was the same afterward. How could you be? It was unnatural. Oh, who was she kidding. There were some things that human minds weren't meant to understand.

She slid her hand onto his. Her stress, their seclusion and lack of barriers - many reasons caused her to be a little more free with physical contact. It loosened something inside of her. "I know you did everything you could." She paused and thought a moment. Perhaps she would benefit from a woman's influence? "Is there anything I can do?"

"We gotta talk about Silver Fox anyways. Don't trust her, but I prefer she stick close to us than somewhere we can't watch her. What do you think about making her the history professor?" It was something to do with her to make her useful, and it provided her a reason to stick around without making her a prisoner. Logan waited, still studying the weather goddess before he decided to speak up.

Hand removed, back into her lap. Mind worked with his words. She was already trying to remember the details that she had buried on Leyu. It would be good to have something to work on when she went back to the school. Distractions distractions. Now, Silver Fox. Looked like she was getting exactly what she bargained for. She knew that Silver Fox would always take up some sort of space for Logan. It wasn't something she tried to understand. Richly hued lips puckered gently in thought. "Would she be up for it? We do not need someone else to babysit." Though she did mostly agree with what he was saying. It was enough to look after those that actually needed it without introducing someone who could be a liability. These were the words of a leader, not so much as a friend. It was easy to establish those compartments when necessary.

"You gonna tell me what's wrong with you, or do I have to guess? I suck at charades, darlin'. Probably easier to tell me." Mind was still swirling with what do about Fox. His words took a moment to register. Her beer was nearly forgotten, the darkness almost chased away. Her face became almost expressionless in a manner that she had perfected over the years. Not in anger or discontent, but the practice it takes when one's emotions can create devastated consequences. "You would not let me forget...just for tonight?" Though there was less chiding in her words than they suggested. This was what they were to each other. Work out the knots, smooth the kinks, when everyone else failed.

Another swig of the partially abandoned beer. It was getting warm. Yuck. "T'challa. She didn't really think that she needed to say anymore. Teeth captured her lip, breaking the ice sculpture she had become. Eyes scanned the room. "He cannot just leave well enough alone." What was the point in talking? Logan knew enough to know what surrounded that name. It wouldn't do to get herself all worked up. Another swig and a wince.

Posted: Jan 5 2016, 09:23 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

He didn't do everything he could do. He killed a woman who wanted to be killed before. Several times. But this felt different. Leyu had been given a second chance at life--a new body, a new beginning, a new her. The idea she wanted him to destroy all of that for her felt wrong. If she wanted to kill herself, so be it, but Logan wasn't going to be the shotgun in her mouth nor the one to pull the trigger.

"Is there anything I can do?"

He nodded, waving his hand for another beer. "Yer buyin'."

To the matter of Silver Fox... "Would she be up for it? We do not need someone else to babysit."

"Does it matter?" Logan asked, draining the rest of his beer. "I don't plan on giving her a choice. Either she sticks at the school as a professor or she's out on her own without help. Her best option is stay with us under our protection while earning her keep, but," he nodded to the busty waitress for the new beer and ignored the death-glare from her wannabe motorboat, "who knows how twisted she is in the head. We'll see what happens."

The pause in Storm's reaction let Logan know too many thoughts were swirling in Ororo's mind. He waited patiently, diverting his attention to other patrons and squashing a rebellious spark to make the waitress giggle.

"You would not let me forget...just for tonight?"

"Depends what I'm lettin' you forget."

She took a swig and made a face. "T'challa." He poured some of his cold beer into her bottle to help chill her drink. "He cannot just leave well enough alone."

"Thought you two were still pretty chummy?" Their marriage may have been dissolved, but he was pretty damn sure he caught tidbits of the two talking behind closed doors once or twice. He didn't recall hearing death threats or yelling. "Do I need to punch his face in?" Black Panther had a pretty face that did well to hide his inner douche-bag. A few broken bones could help show the world just how ugly the Panther could be.
Storm
 Posted: Jan 6 2016, 12:10 AM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

The struggles that they had to endure were beyond comprehension sometimes. How did Storm deal? She tried to take everything in stride. Tried to look forward, never really focusing on one thing for too long. If you couldn't deal with change, deal with transition, you lost. That was what everyone was forced to do. Just hang on by your fingernails until the tempest passed. Hoped she didn't focus her eye on you and prayed until she moved on.

Ororo didn't scowl. But she came mighty close when Logan brushed off her offer. Likely, there was nothing she could do. That still didn't stop her from feeling slighted. What was with her? She took a deep breath through her nose, leaned her head back on the cushion behind her while she exhaled, eyes falling closed. The wind that she pictured in her mind, blowing across her face, did not manifest inside the smoky bar. She was far from not being safe in her own mind.

Eyes remained closed while he continued to talk about Fox. It went without saying. Logan was now her babysitter. She would acquiesce to his assessment of the situation knowing that he would be keeping his watchful eye on the woman. Ororo ran a tight ship. 'Let us hope that she rises to the occasion."

Icy eyes flashed open and she drained the beer in front of her in one long swallow. Waste not.

"Just when I think that we are in a good place. He implied rather heavily that he was having me watched. He makes decisions detrimental to our union and then will not let me go." She wanted - needed to move on. She wanted to remain friends, knew that was the right decision for both of them. However, she would not tolerate that level of disrespect. She could still hear his arrogant, proud tones, see his eyes over the monitor. "None of those ground dwellers had better make themselves known. I would hate to do permanent damage." Eyes flashed again, her honeyed voice firm and as commanding as if she was leading the wind.

The bar was fairly packed this night. As soon as those words left her lips, a guy who had his back to her, standing slightly off to the side from their booth cursed loudly and jerked as though trying to catch something. He was too late and a bottle of beer crashed to the ground. As he bent at the waist, his companion became visible. He was caught in a laugh, his unkempt stubble making him look darker complected than he was. In an almost comical manner, he sucks in his breath to stop the laugh, dark eyes going to Ororo. It was comical because he looked like a kid who just got caught by the teacher. Regaining some of his swagger, he turns the weird dead laugh into a sneer. The guy in front of him who had tried to catch the beer rose and started punching the guy in the chest as though trying to move him away from the situation. Scruffy Guy pushed him off, walking forward toward Ororo and Logan.

"Wish granted, princess. Fumbler Guy turned and put a hand on Scruffy's shoulder. Hissing something about remaining unseen. Scruffy laughed, big and bellowing. Both of them looked fairly ordinary and like they belonged in a bar. Scruffy was wide and of average height. Fumbler was tall and lanky, with wiry muscles. They were obviously amateurs and clearly did not know how they were set to keep an eye on. Scruffy glared at Fumbler, talking to him, but meaning for Ororo to overhear it. "What? I ain't gonna let some spoiled brat act like she can say whatever she wants." He has also clearly been drinking on the job. Oh, T'Challa is going to have their hide. After she does.

Fumbler looked nervous and took a step away from Scruffy. Though it was a calculated move to put him in between where Logan might get up and Scruffy - tagging him as the greater threat. Yes, you guessed it. Hired hands fail again, making themselves known to someone who has zero patience left for such games. An icy wind blows through the bar, making several people cry out in its severity.

Posted: Jan 6 2016, 02:09 AM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

"Just when I think that we are in a good place. He implied rather heavily that he was having me watched. He makes decisions detrimental to our union and then will not let me go."

Black Panther, the ex-husband who still cared for the ex-wife enough to keep an eye on her for... what reason? Not that Logan didn't believe Ororo--he would never think of her as a liar--but he had a niggling feeling something else was in play than 'not let me go.' What reason did Black Panther have to keep tabs on his ex-wife? It couldn't be obsession; he annulled the marriage without Storm knowing. It couldn't be protection; she was an X-Men who has taken care of herself for years. What in the hell was it then?

Maybe he was thinking too hard. The world was going to shit around them, worse than usual, so maybe T'Challa felt obligated to care for her well-being? Still, that was a stretch. If he was protecting her, what, exactly, was he protecting her from to have people follow her?

Logan took a drink and swallowed his questions, thoughts, and rising hackles. T'Challa thought Storm wasn't protected enough, huh? Drink cat piss, Black Panther. The X-Men at the Jean Grey School were capable in looking out for their own. Saying otherwise only gave a date with a metal fist to the balls.

"None of those ground dwellers had better make themselves known. I would hate to do permanent damage."

Logan's eyes slid to the man who missed his bottle as it crashed to the ground. After some laughter-come-sneering, a back-and-forth of threatening and retreating, and finally a threat from Scruffy calling Storm a 'princess,' Logan scooted himself out of the booth, only to be touched by a wind cold enough to freeze blood. "Get me the coldest drink you got," Logan said to the waitress, not missing a beat as he drained the last of his other bottle. He looked at Scruffy, up and down, before walking toward the man and patting him on the shoulder. "Let me get ya a drink before you keep confrontin' the princess." Logan, not taking no for an answer even if the man protested, led Scruffy back to the bar and sat his ass down, taking the seat next to him.

"You just started somethin' yer not gonna finish, bub. I'll give ya a pass for bein' drunk, but there's somethin' you did I can't forgive ya for." Logan nodded to the waitress who was now weary from the sudden commotion, who gave Logan the drink. He dropped his voice to a whisper. "She ain't yer princess. She's yer queen." In a flash, Scruffy's face slammed against the bar with a sudden crack of bone on wood. Blood shot out of the man's nose, but Logan pressed the cold drink to Scruffy's broken face. "Better than ice, bub. Take it or wear it."
Storm
 Posted: Jan 7 2016, 09:45 PM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

If it were any other situation, she would have watched Logan with amusement. She knew that he wasn't getting up to defend her honor or her or anything silly like that. He was getting out of his seat because he -wanted- to. Violence was part of him just as much as the wind was her. Scruffy looked skeptical as Logan lead him away. It wasn't necessarily that he wanted to go, but more that resisting Logan was futile. Fumbler looked even more puzzled. He was the one who clearly didn't want things to escalate. However, did he leave Ororo's side, and she make a getaway or did he stay with his companion? He ultimately decided on Ororo.

She waited until Logan smashed the man's face into the bar before she rose to her full height. Easily almost a head taller than the other guy. It's one thing to know a woman is taller than you, and another to meet her face to face. What may have seemed like a slightly odd woman stuffed into a booth before was now a fierce, regal mistress of the weather. Fumbler threw his hands up in a classic 'surrender pose.' Her steps were smooth and predatory as she stalked closer to him. There was no more wind but the temperature around them was dropping at a subtly noticeable rate. When her orientation put her next to Logan, she stopped. All that practice fighting together was drilled into her brain. Better to be together than separated.

"Look! We'll leave! He just said that if we saw you leave with that guy we needed to follow you, just to watch..."

She froze, muscles coiled as though in attack, beautiful features disapproving and angry. "He...what." At least that made more sense. In a flash she struck, fist slamming out to connect with Fumbler's solar plexus. He went down in a choking cough. She glanced at Logan and then Scruffy, who had by this point backed away from the duo, not in fear, but in anger. If they were ordinary people, they might have to watch their backs. Her voice was low but clear, each word dripping in accent. "You tell T'Challa..." She snaked her arm out with only a slight amount less aggression than the throat-punch, going for Logan's shirt collar. Her goal was to move him toward her. Her motions were such that she wouldn't be refused, despite the fact that if he wanted, she had no enhanced strength to move him anywhere. When he was close enough to her, she would kiss him. The Logan was one of her dearest friends and confidants. But the kiss held the passion of anger more than desire. Though deep, it was brief.

"I will not be followed again."

She wasn't usually impulsive and she knew that this was a loud statement to "her" king. She could apologize to Logan later. Dropping his shirt, she turned on her heel and marched outside. The bouncers were hovering near the edges of the crowd that had gathered and they were more than willing and relieved to let her go.

Posted: Jan 7 2016, 10:27 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

There was a warning on his lips, burning on his tongue like a strong, stiff drink. His eyes focused on Ororo while his other senses focused on T'Challa's thugs. Storm could beat the crap out of anyone she wanted, but there were others in this bar--more than he would like--that wouldn't take kindly to their place frosting over. Logan could already see his puffs of breath flutter away. The coarse hairs on his arms were beginning to fleck with ice. The warning in his mouth began to seep through his teeth, across his lips, and finally into the open, but they stopped as soon as Fumbler spoke.

"Look! We'll leave! He just said that if we saw you leave with that guy we needed to follow you, just to watch..."

Wait. What? T'Challa was pissed off because Storm was with him? Storm voiced Logan's confusion with a statement more than a question. He filed that away to ask about later. Instead, he watched. The attack just above Fumbler's stomach caused the man to collapse, wheezing and coughing for breath. Well, that was amusing, but...

"You tell T'Challa..."

Ororo's arm shot out and grabbed the front of Logan's shirt. He followed with a raised eyebrow until Ororo's warm, harsh lips invaded his own. Her teeth sunk into his bottom lip, enough to hurt, not enough to stop, alerting Logan this was an embrace more for show and anger than anything physical. She parted, leaving Logan to stand in his own confusion. With her final warning, she let go of Logan's shirt, and marched outside, mic dropping a show Logan didn't even know began. He thumbed his nose at the still standing doofus then walked out, following Ororo into the streets.

He didn't talk. Not at first. He waited until they were out of earshot.

"So much for pickin' up the tab."

He flashed a canine-smile, but left the unmentioned unsaid. T'Challa didn't like Storm hanging around Wolverine? Storm was leaving something unsaid as well, but she'd tell him. She owed him that much after that tease of a kiss.

EXIT Storm/Wolverine
THREAD CLOSED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Topic Locked Start New Topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Nexus: Redefined Affiliate Rules RPG Directory X-men Revolution Top Site List Mortal Ends X-Men: Unhinged Evolution 

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies
Web 3.2 created by Gaffney of IPB | Converted to JFB by Rarez
Miniprofile created by Miss Texas.