WANTED:
Hover For Names!

A Note From Your Administrators:
Nexus nearly reached its 15 year mark in RPing. Hard to believe, right? Unfortunately, it'll never reach that special benchmark--and that's okay! After fourteen years of experiencing the world of 616, RPing with players who were tremendous and creative, plus the many ups and downs that comes with fellow writers, the staff at NeXus thank you for being apart of our little community. With amazing respect to everyone involved and to those who added their own unique touches to our X-Men-verse, it's been my pleasure to RP with all of you!

To make this final: NEXUS is closed.

See ya on the flip-side, bub.
- Sax (Head Administrator)
(CLICK HERE to read our final post!)
NEW STUDENTS: Please click here!
  • The term Krakoa is not the same as karaoke! Krakoa does not like opera at 3am, people!
  • Detention has been renamed to: How to clean toilets using only your tongue by Toad.
  • Please don't sing Ice, Ice, Baby to Professor Drake. Icicles do not belong up people's noses.
  • Sign-ups for Headmaster Logan's newest club, Bamf Hunts: Because They Stole My Damn Whiskey starts soon!
  • Please welcome all new students!
  • Join Kid Omega's after school group, "WORLD DOMINATION!" and earn a FREE city block in 2025!
  Add Reply Start New Topic Start a Poll

Hello Moon; Hello Stars, Wolverine; Closed
Storm
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 10:57 PM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

CF: Drag You Down
March 3rd; Shortly after Midnight

There was never enough time these days. Her mind was nearly always tangled in what was coming next. Preventing problems, training to respond to problems, researching to identify problems. At her request, they had ridden his motorcycle to the bar. Feeling the kiss of the wind across her skin and hair never ceased to thrill her. Pair that with Logan's dangerous speeds and it was a bliss that was difficult to duplicate without unleashing her powers to their fullest, high in the sky where danger mixed with the elements to create an addictive cocktail. Her body molded to the back of his, arms firmly snaked around his torso. The intimacy wasn't lost on her but for here and now she could enjoy the warmth of his body alone. It wasn't just negative or highly reactive emotions that the elements responded to, but positive ones as well. She would often have to keep a rein on contentment and bliss. Even now, that delicious humming of the engine making her skin feel both alive and numb caused the wind to sing in her veins. It responded in that playful banter that she knew too well, helping to urge them faster at times. Play with me...it said. She wondered if Logan felt it. That gentle interference with the normal process of things. She quieted the urge before she let the wind sweep them into sky, as it wanted.

She didn't want to go back home, not just yet. However, alternatives did not readily pop into her mind. It seemed there were fewer and fewer places that they could go now that some sort of trouble didn't follow. As their home came into view, she squashed the light nagging of disappointment. The bike pulled to a stop and she gave her body just a second to acclimate to that feeling of timeless motion being ripped away. In that second, she inhaled deeply. The primal side of her taking a selfish moment to relish in his scent. Enhanced senses weren't necessary. He was musky, like the woods after a rain, and every drop male. It was intertwined with the assaulting scents from the bar. With her exhale, she spoke, "Thank you." She blamed her jittery insides on the conclusion of the ride and being pulled back to reality.

There was no wobble in her legs as she dismounted. "Five minutes...the Atrium?" A white brow arched delicately, implying their time together wasn't over. She recognized that she owed him an explanation and it wasn't in her to run from something as uncomfortable as a delicate admission of her personal life - not when it was owed at least. She let her eyes linger for confirmation before ascending the stairs to go find her room. There, she would change into something more infinitely her. She wasn't really a night owl. Her body enjoyed coming up with the sun, which meant it usually urged her to settle not long before it set. Most of the time, that just wasn't in the cards. Tonight though, she felt wired. She wasn't sure yet if this was good or bad.

Darker than champagne and lighter than gold, the material of her nightgown was soft with a hint of shimmer. It was snug around her bust and flowing everywhere else. Layered in places, on Ororo, it could be mistaken for a very simple ball gown. However, it was all covered with a silk robe the color of midnight so that she remained somewhat modest, with the hints of the gown underneath. Her feet were bare and she removed any jewelry she might have been wearing. She found that she spent more and more time among the plants in this precious space. So much so that she had added two chairs off to one corner. Positioned so that when seated, you caught a view of the stars and could pretend that you were lost in some lush jungle. She waited until she was settled in one of those chairs. Cat-like in her preference for attaining comfort, her blue eyes sought his own. "I am certain I owe you an explanation."

Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her...
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 03:02 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

"Thank you."

"Yep."

While Ororo relished in the freedom of movement and the proximity of warmth, Logan was wondering what kind of paperwork was going to be on his desk. It never failed, even when he went out for a few minutes, some kiddo was trying to blow someone else up. Report after referral would be on his desk, phone calls from parents would light up his phone, students demanding they see him would wait outside of his door, and worst of all, some bamf would teleport inside of his stash and run off with it, leaving him without an outlet to drown the annoyances.

So while Ororo was trying her damnedest to seize at the current moment, Logan was already five hours ahead.

"Five minutes...the Atrium?"

"Gotta catch up on some work," Logan said, putting the kick stand down once Ororo was off. "Got the Avengers breathing down my neck again. Something about a new reality overlap." How easy that rolled off the tongue when it seemed to happen everyday. "While it was nice to get away, darlin', you know how life is here. All work, and only five minutes of play." He flashed a knowing grin. She slipped away and Logan got to work.

-------------

He took longer than five minutes. Twenty minutes, tops. Even then he wasn't done working. He had a line on his brow, a scowl on his lips, and a shadow over his eyes with paperwork in his hand. He just got done giving detention to two kids; two kids that were trying to melt the urinals at midnight! They were female and claimed it was a rage against the machine.

Damn teenaged angst.

Logan caught Ororo's scent on his way to the atrium. She was still there, even though Logan wasn't paying attention to the exact time. "I need you to co-sign these," he grunted, pulling a pen from his pocket with his other hand. "Part of the Danger Room exploded again and Hank's unavailable. Gonna pull in Rogers and see who he can find to strengthen it up. Whoever he picks won't do it for free."

"I am certain I owe you an explanation."

"At the bar?" He rifled through the papers to make sure he handed Ororo the right one. "Darlin', if I had to explain every brawl and kiss I've had at a bar, the world would be dust. If you need talk, alright, but if it's an apology," he handed her the papers and pen, "there's nothin' to be sorry for."
Storm
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 10:40 PM
application
35 years old
character name
Storm
player name
Carol
base of operations
member group
post count
Epsilon

Her expression turned into a bit of a proud Mama Bear when he strolled up with the paperwork in hand. His expression was gruff, his shoulders hunched and his eyes clouded, distracted with the myriad of red tape wrapped around his mind. When his eyes met hers, she tried to hide the amusement from her expression, but she was sure that it shone through her baby blues. She stood to meet him and and silently took the papers from his hand, smoothing them on the arm of the chair so that she could sign where he indicated. She felt no need to look them over. He had already done the grunt work - as it were and if she needed to review them, he would have said so.

The wind turned cooler, more in the refreshing spectrum as she gazed at her friend. The goddess had provided her unusual clarity on this night and she didn't intend to squander it. Logan had made many accomplishments since they had built this house. He had stepped up in ways that ten, maybe even five years ago, no one would have fathomed for him. She wondered what his younger self would say if he could see this Logan. He was troubled by things that had nothing to do with him. The weight of responsibility simultaneously crushing and strengthening as it often did.

"At the bar?" He rifled through the papers to make sure he handed Ororo the right one. "Darlin', if I had to explain every brawl and kiss I've had at a bar, the world would be dust. If you need talk, alright, but if it's an apology," he handed her the papers and pen, "there's nothin' to be sorry for."

The amusement had left her some moments ago. She studied him silently before nodding. "I do not need to talk about it." She didn't sit back down after signing the paper. In fact, she still held the one he gave her in her hand. She started a slow pace. Down one of the rows part way and back again. Her steps weren't hurried and she could almost be mistaken for taking an evaluation of the plants, except her eyes weren't on them.

The wind picked up, cool but not cold - brisk, but not enough to endanger the papers they held. It chased her locks around her face, down her shoulders and back again. There were times when Mother Nature's call was too much for her to ignore. It seemed that this would be one of those times. She didn't often verbalize this connection. Sometimes she would just disappear for a few hours. Soak up what she could and return somewhat refreshed. "Do you feel it?" She laid the paper lightly on top of one of the herbs beside her. It as dry, in no danger of getting wet.

Her voice was soft, tentative. Her eyes danced like mischievous snow, flickering and glinting. Despite his burdens (and really they were hers as well, she was just refusing to acknowledge them for a little while longer), her spirit would not be tamped down. When the words left her lips, she had stopped pacing. She was facing him, several feet away. Her smell would have turned...interesting. A combination of arousal (not necessarily the sexual kind - the type of arousal that is consistent in the young when they are practicing the play behaviors that will help them in adulthood) and energy.

She wanted to pace again. She tore her eyes from his and tilted her head, as though listening to what was around her, her stance casual, one arm behind her back, resting on the small of it. What do you need, Mother? I am listening. Listening with everything but her ears. Her skin prickled as the cooler wind jumped over it. The heady, wet smell of the plants around her. Her feet felt solidly planted, rooted to the earth below her. Each little plant mumbled and chittered quietly as they slumbered. Suddenly, she knew.

Pupils dilated as they landed back on Logan. The temperature began to drop along with the humidity. The cold was skill brisk. Like the tops of mountains in Colorado in February. Eyes turned milk-white and the only thing that saved her from looking like the goddess incarnate herself was the tilt of her lips into the beginnings of a smile. In her hand, something began to form and about the time that it started to snow around them, she peeled her hand back, arm launching the snowball at Logan. Oh, yes, she had to fudge the weather around it a little to get it to form and it wasn't perfect or very big, it melted soon after impact (whether on Logan or elsewhere). She let out a peal of laughter and didn't wait for his reaction. She turned - and ran. The icy wind beckoned Logan to chase her briefly before dying out. Almost an additional nudge or push from someone as they raced past.

Yes. As the truth would have it, the Mother had told her that now was the time to play. Ororo was all too happy to oblige.

@Wolverine
((Yeah, had no idea where to go with this thread. Let's see where this takes us.))

Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her...
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 11:55 PM
application
100+ years old
character name
James "Logan" Howlett
player name
Sax
base of operations
member group
post count
Grr. Snikt. Bub. Snikt.

"I do not need to talk about it."

Fine with him. If the woman didn't want to talk, he wasn't going to pry anything out of her. They knew each other too well than to force words into places that didn't need to be said. He continued to say nothing as she signed the paper and walked away, looking at her flowers.

"Do you feel it?"

Besides the temperature dropping? He didn't feel anything in particular. His body was warning him he drank a few too many beers and needed a release soon, but outside of that? He took a slow breath in through his nose and closed his eyes. Scents swung from his nasal septum, dipping in and out like nature's personal cocktails. Between flowers, dirt, the cool air, and Ororo's own scent, he wasn't feeling... anything.

He opened his eyes in time to see a snowball plume on his chest in a haze of powder. Gazing at the wintery remnants, he looked back at Ororo before she began to run.

Logan found a bench, chair, stool, whatever he could, and plopped down, waiting for Ororo's playful tendencies to pass. He didn't have it in him to play. There was a lot of running around already: for answers, for people, for suggestions, and papers. He took the moment to rest, just for a moment, while letting Storm run around in an attempt to lure him into playing.

"I'm not sure what's goin' on right now, with you, with him, here, now, but," Logan shrugged, "ain't you tired? Goin' to a bar, drinkin', fightin', tip-toein' on the roof wantin' to be chased?" He looked at her, eyes unblinking, watching, learning. "I get you gotta do things yer own way, but darlin', I'm tired. If you really need me for somethin', I'm always gonna be here, but this grumpy Canuck ain't got the energy to frolic around like a fairy, so..."
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Start New Topic Start a Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Nexus: Redefined Affiliate Rules RPG Directory X-men Revolution Top Site List Mortal Ends X-Men: Unhinged Evolution 

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies
Web 3.2 created by Gaffney of IPB | Converted to JFB by Rarez
Miniprofile created by Miss Texas.